Kodi Subtitles – How To Download & Install OpenSubtitles On Kodi? [Tutorial]
There are a lot of stuff in Kodi that tries to give a complete media experience. One of such kind is the subtitles. Subtitles are inevitable when watching movies and Tv shows. To the Kodi users who use Kodi frequently to watch movies and Tv shows, might feel that the adding subtitles on kodi will make it worthy. There are addons to add subtitles on kodi. So, in this article, we will discuss how to install Kodi subtitles addon and get subtitles to videos you watch. We can also see the procedure to alter the settings to your preferred language and the steps to enable subtitles on kodi.
Get OpenSubtitles Using Kodi Subtitle Addon – Tutorial
- Open Kodi. On your home screen, click on the settings icon at the top of the screen.
- Here, you can find a lot of settings option. Click on the Player settings, which you can find at the top, where you need to enable subtitles for movies and Tv shows.
- Within Player Settings, navigate to language settings, which you can find on the left side of the screen. Here under Subtitles section, you can find an option called Preferred subtitle language. It will be saved as Original stream’s language by default. Just click on it to change the language.
- Choose your preferred subtitle language. You can find all the languages being listed.
- Once you choose your preferred subtitle language, move to Download services section. Here you can find two options like Default Tv shows service and Default movie service. Click on Default Tv show service first.
- You will find the subtitle package if you have installed any here. Since you have not registered any subtitle package you will see None here. Click on Get more.. to add the subtitle provider.
- You can find many subtitle providers on the list. I would recommend to choose opensubtitles.org since it is the widely used one and updated faster compared to other providers. There are three variants choose the opensubtitles.org by opensubtitles. You can choose others also.
- Similarly, you can follow the same procedure for adding subtitles to movies. Click on Default Movie service and then choose opensubtitles.org.
- Then move to the installed addon and log in with your opensubtitles.org account. If you don’t have an account you can create one for free at opensubtitles.org.
How to add Kodi Subtitles To The Video?
This is actually pretty much simpler. When you watch any video using Kodi, you can find a subtitles button at the bottom of the screen. Just click on it.
Now a settings pop-up will appear, where you need to click the download button to download the subtitles. This will download subtitles on Kodi from opensubtitles.org and adds it automatically to the video you are watching currently. Kodi Subtitle will work only if you have completed the steps which we discussed earlier.
That’s it. I hope the procedure is very clear to you. If that package does not work, you can choose others also.